Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Infinite Art Tournament, Round 2: Carpaccio v. Carrà!

Vittore Carpaccio
died 1526
Venetian

Beat modernist sculptor Sir Anthony Caro in a dust-up that went down to the last vote in Round 1. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!





-----

Carlo Carrà
1881 - 1966
Italian

Defeated 16th Century Italian Annibale Carracci by a landslide in Round 1.




----

Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting.

14 comments:

lamanyana said...

Carpaccio. I can find something to like about all of his paintings you show.

Though I really like the first Carrà, the color palette and the subject matter of the others don't do anything for me.

Christine M. said...

Capaccio

Nichim said...

Carpaccio!

mrs.5000 said...

Yeah, I'm going to go with Carpaccio also. I just love those bored Venetian ladies with their animals. That painting looks so modern (though apparently it's cut down from a diptych, which enhances the effect). How often do we get to see anyone from the Renaissance with poor posture?

Chuckdaddy said...

I like carpaccio but love me those Italian Futurists. I particularly like Carra's collage (we need more collagists!) Interventionist Demonstation.

Mm Mud said...

All the modern day influences of collage and cubistic themes have me going for Carra.

Morgan said...

I like Carra!

Elizabeth said...

Carpaccio, though I still really enjoy the Carra horse and rider.

pfly said...

Carrà, who presses my futurism buttons. I've always liked that 2nd one for some reason I can't put my finger on. Reminds me of De Chirico...

Michael5000 said...

Carrà and Italian Futurism for me, thanks! Carrà is kind of the poor man's Balla.

Michael5000 said...

A vote-by-mail for Carpaccio.

Candida said...

Carpaccio!

Alison said...

Carpaccio probably would have gotten my vote if I didn't like Carra's new one so much!

Michael5000 said...

Carpaccio squeezes out a narrow 7-6 win and will advance to the Third Round. Voting is closed in this match.